Hanabi! Project

Help with instrumentals?

« Older   Newer »
RaeA
view post Posted on 16/4/2012, 22:02

Hey~

I'm trying to mix a couple dubs for my own project and I'm a real novice at mixing. I'm good at timing, but I still have to work hard on volumes and I don't use any effects so yeah ^^" Right now, I have a couple dubs mixed except for instrumentals because

1) One of them I thought had an official instrumental but it didn't and using vocal remover in Audacity doesn't do anything
2) One is a live that I tried to make an instrumental of and I failed at the attempt, mostly from having basically no idea what I was doing ^^"

I use Audacity for mixing and would prefer to not have to download something else if at all possible. I'd appreciate any help or advice ^^ Thankies~ <3

My-chan
view post Posted on 16/4/2012, 22:04

wht songs you need instrumentals for cuz maybe I have them...

Utamiko
view post Posted on 17/4/2012, 14:30

www.yoproject.net/index.php?topic=2968.msg106118#msg106118

Take a look at tutorial 1 , you could replace the vocal rip with just the original track if you're having difficulty ripping a vocal rip with audacity~

if you're doing a live instrumental, rip it from a studio mp3 if possible, even if it means extra work on shortening it. because live rips tends to make very sucky instrumentals, then lay a live rip with vocal removed for clearer wota effects~

But not all songs would work, this really only works with tracks where vocals are at the centre channel (for e.g. morning curry is an awful one to rip, and many AKB songs)... so depending what song you're trying to rip it may be a bit more tricky to make it clean XD

RaeA
view post Posted on 17/4/2012, 22:10

I'm trying to do instrumentals for Baby! Baby! Baby! by AKB and Rainbow Pink, the Yossie/Miki version

So I'm so confused XP

3 replies since 16/4/2012, 22:02   62 views